3D printing services have achieved some incredible feats that have put it on par with the most futuristic technology known to man. Out of the remarkable technologies that have caught the attention of the masses, 3D services has taken the top spot as the most popular one along with teleportation and time travel. Virtually, almost anything can be done with 3D printing services. Starting from jewelry to car engine designs to edibles like pasta, pizza, you name it and it can be 3D printed. As an advanced manufacturing technology, 3D printing is limited to a man’s imagination. 3D printing works by taking the digital designs as input and then transforming them into physical objects. Now, in this blog, we are going to present you some unique facts on 3D services that no one has ever told you before.
Facts on 3D Services You Never Heard About
- 3D printing is older than the internet itself. Did you know that? We bet you didn’t. The World Wide Web was invented in the year 1989 as a medium to exchange and interlink information in the digital space. The surprising fact is the roots of 3D services date even further back to 1981. The first Rapid Prototyping system that created physical objects in 3 dimensions is known as Stereolithography Apparatus.
- Did you know that 90% of all the jewelry articles are made using 3D printing? Just like hearing aids, the jewelry industry was one of the first industries to realise the potential of 3D services and implement them into existing business processes. With the invention of 3D printing, the jewelry industry recognised the ease with which the wax molds could be created using 3D printers at a faster pace than using bare hands.
- 3D printing will help in building houses in space. The space organisations like NASA have committed to sending humans for colonising the red planet of Mars in the next 10-20 years. They are planning to set up extra-terrestrial habitats using 3D printing. 3D printing has found its applications in space industry where NASA has also tested the 3D services in zero gravity of space.
- With the achievement of producing some structures and organs through 3D printing, scientists are currently focusing on how to make the best use of the artificial limbs with technologies.
- One of the unique discoveries of 3D printing technology is the 3Doodler Printing Pen. This is a pen that is used for publishing 3D objects from the atmosphere. It is identical to a regular pen that uses 3D printing materials instead of normal ink.
- There is a high expectation that 3D printing will soon be practiced by men and women while sitting in the comfort of their homes. All the 3D printers have been altered to be compatible for PC. So, all you have to do is the designing and then it will be instantly printed on the 3D printer.
- There is barely any wastage in 3D services. Other forms of mass production (deductive manufacturing) have bits cut out of raw materials and built-in complete solution. Additive manufacturing is done with substances layer by layer. There are a whole lot of stuff wastages in bulk production there is barely any wastage in 3D services.